Monday, July 13, 2015

Anniversary Week - A Poem for Roscoe

"You are more handsome than anyone, and you are an excellent speaker so God blessed you forever." - Psalm 45:2

It's our Anniversary Week!!! July 17, 2015 will mark 6 years since my husband and I became a couple and 5 years since we have been married. He is such a gift from God in my life and I honestly enjoy sharing his company. These past 6 years we have: laughed, cried, dreamed, prayed, and loved together. No one knows me better and I have never loved another man more.

Before we became a couple, we met over the phone. Check out the blog on how we met at http://theseareourlovestories.blogspot.com. The day after our first phone conversation, I knew something special was happening. After praying, God showed me details about him and gave me a poem to share with him. In honor of our Anniversary coming up, I have placed that poem below. When we read the poem together it opened up so much for us. Not long after meeting, we fell in love. Our relationship has taught me the power of waiting for God's timing. I love you Roscoe and look forward to a lifetime of love.

A Poem for Roscoe S. Houston

You labor at the feet of the King
Pushing faith, coated in testimonies 
of how grace serenades your hands
Soothing the pain, feeding your belief
that nothing is impossible as you walk amongst dreams
lacing your manhood with the power to intercede

You give and they believe
You carry the salvation of countless seeds
waiting for the unmasking of the 
birth of your dreams
they ferment by your pursuit
to know and worship the Father in spirit and truth

How you shine amongst slaves
their bound all around you, they sway with their chains
Within your breath, they smell the key
to unlock the shackles shifting around their pleas
Your words form the staff where miracles bleed

You speak and they achieve
You speak and they cleave to the Father
who's love massages you through
You are the hope and cry of the Youth.



Copyright (c) 2009. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment