Saturday, July 11, 2015

Missing You

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." Psalm 91-1-2

I don't really know how to do this or how to be. I consider my family blessed to not have had to deal with a whole lot of death in our lives. We've had loved one pass away but for me, it has never hit this close to home. I always expect to see her on holidays, special occasions or on a whim for a visit.

There was a time in my life where I spent almost a year sitting at her feet inhaling as much wisdom as I possibly could. I would go over to her house everyday after work or during my lunch break and find myself laughing at her whit and sarcasm. Most of the time she did not mean to be funny, she just was. She pointed out to me that I can make life harder on myself than it has to be, that all I have to do is relax and slow down. 

There was always a lesson to learn from her and our favorite was the word of God. She'd remind me about the call of God on my life and no matter what she was going through she never reduced or push shade on her witness. Even in battling this illness, her faith remained strong. In the midst of horrible pain she would look at me and profess God as a healer and worship about his goodness. She, even facing death, put my faith to shame. Her relentless belief taught me how much more I needed to trust God; she showed me the power of loving God and walking by faith and not by sight. Some of Our last words to each other were about Gods goodness. I read her scriptures and she nodded and moaned in agreement. Once again, she reminded me of the gift God gave me in my husband Roscoe and what God has done in my life. 

Grandma, thank you for giving your heart to God. You've provided us with yet another amazing example of what it means to serve God with faith and honor. You allowed God To use you to build a strong legacy of worshipers and believers. Had you rejected God that faithful day one could deduce that I would not be standing here today. Your faith led to the salvation of my mother and subsequently the joining together of my parents. How could you know it would result in 7 grandchildren who all love God and 10 great grandchildren who are being taught the ways of the Lord? What a legacy. We celebrate your life. 

Grandma, I rejoice with your spirit today as it has made its way to heaven. I worship God knowing hat you have joined the millions of angels that sing his praises for eternity. I sing with a heart of thanksgiving knowing that you are now having long walks on streets paved with gold sharing  the love of God with  Job, Anna, Paul, and Ruth. 

At the same time, our temporary separation grieves me. I'm saddened that I won't get to see your face, share in your wisdom, or roll over in laughter at your whit and humor. I miss your contagious laughter, caring touch and the sound of your voice. I miss you terribly.  I can almost hear you now telling us not to worry about you and that you're in good hands; the hands of Jesus. Then I can hear the power of your praise as you speak in tongues and shout In his Name.

Save a spot for me in your mansion. When I get there I'd love to visit and once again share the goodness of God with you. It's going to be thrilling and its a moment I will keep in my heart until we meet again.

A Poem I wrote for her....

Remembering Mae


You have carried many names: Daughter, sister, wife, mother, 
grandmother, great grandmother, believer. 
You've blessed many without compromising your faith, 
you fought for your witness, your example to save.
your spirit uplifted and graciously forgave
All the wrongs you allowed God to mold into rights
Your heart for his Kingdom
Forged a legacy to fight and persevere for the sake of dreams.
Your children's children worship, in great love we praise our King
We stand on the prayers you prayed day and night, 
we float on your wisdom, we're guided by your light. 
Your spirit of faith over shadowed your pain, 
you called on his name, you never complained
We dance and sing cause on that faithful day, 
you gave your heart to Jesus now we know His ways
Rest our dear beloved, walk those streets of Gold
We'll see you when we get there, our beauty to behold. 


Copyright (c) 2015. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment