Monday, April 13, 2015

The Blessing in the Chaos

"Dear brothers and sisters,when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. " - James 1:2-4 (NLT)

Over the course of my Christian walk, I found myself deceived by the belief that if trouble or turmoil came into my life it was because something was terribly wrong. Any chaos or struggle had to be a direct attack from the enemy. There was no way it could be the will of God. This type of thinking is a stark deviation from scripture. The embattled men and women of faith in the Bible never had a smooth transition. I do my best to avoid using absolutes but in this case it applies. I am yet to study, hear about, or read a passage of scripture that detailed an obedient servant with an easy unchallenged pathway to their destiny. My friend, I write to tell you today that if you are going through the worst storm of your life, there is a chance, as an obedient believer, God is using your trouble to bring you to a place of purpose and destiny. It is in your struggle that God seeks to develop a closer and more intimate relationship with you. Nothing will bring you to your knees quicker than your greatest pain.

We often hear the cliche, "...if it weren't for your problems you may not even pray." As you ponder that thought it is worth questioning: who gets down on their knees in awesome desperation when they have everything they need? Our place of comfort can be our biggest hindrance. In my discomfort I would wail before God. I'd ask him all sorts of whys and hows. Now I understand that my discomfort began with me. When I committed my life to God and asked him to use me, I also opened my life to be a testimony unto him. I had to learn to embrace the "test" in that testimony. I had to allow God to develop my story.

Before we gripe and complain and ask God to end our misery, let take care to take stock in the purpose behind the chaos. There is a blessing coming your way. It may take the form of something tangible or it may configure it's way into amazing spiritual growth and maturation. Nevertheless, to God be the glory. Worship Him with all that you have. As it states in Psalm 121, our God will never slumber on us. Even in your chaos, His strength puts you at a great advantage.

COPYRIGHT (c) 2015. All Rights Reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment